Karen Kemp, Nienke Ipenburg, Lydia White, and Usha Chauhan
Welcome to you the interactive case - Ulcerative Colitis: From the nurse's perspective
This course is designed for nurses with an interest in IBD. The intended results of this activity are increased competence, knowledge and performance and improved patient outcomes.
Duration: The estimated duration of the course is approximately 60 minutes.
Login to access this course: If you are not yet logged in, please log on with the username and password you were given upon membership registration (same as on the ECCO Website) to fully access this e-Course.
ECCO Members can take this course: In case you are not an ECCO Member or have not yet paid the annual member fee, please become an ECCO Member / renew your Membership.
Upon completion of this activity learners will:
- Have thought through what key information a newly diagnosed patient with Ulcerative Colitis (UC) needs
- Know about the use of mesalazine medication in the treatment of mild to moderate colitis
- Understand issues of compliance for patients on maintenance treatment
- Understand issues of follow-up and support for patients with UC
Welcome to this Interactive Case on Ultrasound and IBD
- You will be asked a series of questions throughout this short case
- Both correct and incorrect answers will have short feedback as to why the answer was right or wrong as well as links to references, and presentations and podcasts which are found in the e-Library
- You are allowed as many attempts as it takes to get a correct answer before moving on to the next question
- If you wish to skip a question and come back later, there is a quiz navigation in the upper right corner (numbers stand for question numbers, "i" stands for information page, which is usually a "case continued" page)
Duration of the course
- The estimated duration of the course is approximately 60 minutes
- Upon successful completion of the training, you will be directed to a final test
Good luck, and enjoy!
Karen Kemp: discloses speaker honoraria from AbbVie, MSD, Actavis, Takeda, and Dr Falk Pharma and conference attendance from AbbVie, MSD, Takeda and Actavis.
Nienke Ipenburg: Discloses speaker honoraria from Takeda and the Advisory Board of Dr Falk Pharma.
Lydia White: Discloses speaker honoraria from AbbVie and Mundipharma and conference attendance grants from AbbVie and MSD.
Usha Chauhan: Discloses speaker honoraria from AbbVie, Janssen, Shire and Takeda and conference attendance grant from AbbVie and Shire.
Organisation: European Crohn's and Colitis Organisation - ECCO