Lead Authors: Ren Mao, Jessica de Bruyn and Gianluca Pellino (all contributed equally)
Senior Author: Florian Rieder
Welcome to you the interactive case - Stricturing Crohn's Disease
This course is designed for gastroenterologists, surgeons, paediatricians, pathologists and other interdisciplinary medical experts interested in Inflammatory Bowel Disease(s) (IBD). One major aim of this e-learning activity is to increase competence and knowledge with regard to the prediction, diagnosis and management of stricturing Crohn's Disease (CD) patients and to harmonise diagnostics and treatment in order to improve patient outcomes.
Duration: The estimated duration of the course is approximately 60 minutes.
Login to access this course: If you are not yet logged in, please log on with the username and password you were given upon membership registration (same as on the ECCO Website) to fully access this e-Course.
ECCO Members can take this course: In case you are not an ECCO Member or have not yet paid the annual member fee, please become an ECCO Member / renew your Membership.
Upon completion of this activity learners will:
- Achieve familiarity with predictors of fibrostenosing CD.
- Understand the role of cross-sectional imaging in the diagnostic work-up of patients with suspected fibrostenosing CD.
- Understand the current management of fibrostenosing CD.
- Recognise the therapeutic capabilities of anti-inflammatory therapy, endoscopic dilatation and surgery in the setting of fibrostenosing CD.
Welcome to this Interactive Course on Stricturing Crohn's Disease
- You will be asked a series of questions throughout this short case
- Both correct and incorrect answers will have short feedback as to why the answer was right or wrong as well as links to references, and presentations and podcasts which are found in the e-Library
- You are allowed as many attempts as it takes to get a correct answer before moving on to the next question
- If you wish to skip a question and come back later, there is a quiz navigation in the upper right corner (numbers stand for question numbers, "i" stands for information page, which is usually a "case continued" page)
Duration of the course
- The estimated duration of the course is approximately one hour
- Upon successful completion of the training, you will be directed to a final test
Good luck, and enjoy!
Disclosures:Ren Mao disclosed no conflict of interest. Jessica de Bruyn disclosed no conflict of interest. Gianluca Pellino disclosed no conflict of interest. Florian Rieder is on the advisory board of AbbVie.
Organisation: European Crohn's and Colitis Organisation - ECCO