Gerassimos J Mantzaris, Monica Cesarinni, and Joana Torres
Welcome to you the interactive case - Maintenance of Remission
This course is designed for gastroenterologists, surgeons, and other interdisciplinary medical experts interested in IBD. The intended result of this activity is increased competence, knowledge, performance and improved patient outcomes.
Duration: The estimated duration of the course is approximately 60 minutes.
Enrole in this course: Please scroll down to the bottom of this page and click "Enrol me"
Login to access this course: If you are not yet logged in, please log on with the username and password you were given upon membership registration (same as on the ECCO Website) to fully access this e-Course.
ECCO Members can take this course: In case you are not an ECCO Member or have not yet paid the annual member fee, please become an ECCO Member / renew your Membership.
Upon completion of this activity learners will:
- Be aware of current treatment options for Crohn's disease
- Be able to understand treatment options are based on disease severity and prognostic factors at disease presentation
- Be able to understand the therapeutic choices for maintaining remission of disease
- Know how to prevent and treat the main adverse events related to drug therapy
Welcome to this Interactive Case on Maintenance of Remission
- You will be asked a series of questions throughout this short case
- Both correct and incorrect answers will have short feedback as to why the answer was right or wrong as well as links to references, and presentations and podcasts which are found in the e-Library
- You are allowed as many attempts as it takes to get a correct answer before moving on to the next question
- If you wish to skip a question and come back later, there is a quiz navigation in the upper right corner (numbers stand for question numbers, "i" stands for information page, which is usually a "case continued" page)
Duration of the course
- The estimated duration of the course is approximately one hour
- Upon successful completion of the training, you will be directed to a final test
Good luck, and enjoy!
Disclosures:Gerassimos J Mantzaris: Advisory board fees from Centocor, MSD, AbbVie, Danon, Takeda, Pharmacosmos, and Astra-Zeneca; lecture fees from Ferring, MSD, AbbVie, FALK Pharma, Angelini, and Genesis; Research support from AbbVie, MSD, Menarini, Genesis, and AstraZeneca.
Monica Cesarinni: No disclosures
Joana Torres: Speaker's honoraria from Falk Pharma and Ferring; has received honorarium and support for travel for purposes of educational meeting attendance from Abbvie and Ferring.
Organisation: European Crohn's and Colitis Organisation - ECCO