Torsten Kucharzik and Fortunata Civitelli
Welcome to you the interactive case - Ultrasound and IBD
This course is designed for gastroenterologists, surgeons, paediatricians, pathologists and other interdisciplinary medical experts interested in Inflammatory Bowel Disease(s) (IBD). The intended result of this activity is increased competence, knowledge, performance and improved patient outcomes.
Duration: The estimated duration of the course is approximately 60 minutes.
Enrole in this course: Please scroll down to the bottom of this page and click "Enrol me"
Login to access this course: If you are not yet logged in, please log on with the username and password you were given upon membership registration (same as on the ECCO Website) to fully access this e-Course.
ECCO Members can take this course: In case you are not an ECCO Member or have not yet paid the annual member fee, please become an ECCO Member / renew your Membership.
Upon completion of this activity learners will:
- Have insights into the basic epidemiology, diagnosis and therapeutics of fistulising Crohn's disease (CD)
- Be able to select the correct imaging technique to investigate peri-anal fistulising disease and internal fistulae
- Recognise the current medical treatment limitations and understand the surgical options
Welcome to this Interactive Case on Ultrasound and IBD
- You will be asked a series of questions throughout this short case
- Both correct and incorrect answers will have short feedback as to why the answer was right or wrong as well as links to references, and presentations and podcasts which are found in the e-Library
- You are allowed as many attempts as it takes to get a correct answer before moving on to the next question
- If you wish to skip a question and come back later, there is a quiz navigation in the upper right corner (numbers stand for question numbers, "i" stands for information page, which is usually a "case continued" page)
Duration of the course
- The estimated duration of the course is approximately one hour
- Upon successful completion of the training, you will be directed to a final test
Good luck, and enjoy!
Organisation: European Crohn's and Colitis Organisation - ECCO