Welcome to you the interactive case - Pregnancy and IBD
This course is designed for gastroenterologists, surgeons, paediatricians, pathologists and other interdisciplinary medical experts interested in Inflammatory Bowel Disease(s) (IBD). One major aim of this e-learning activity is to increase competence and knowledge with regard to the management of IBD patients and to harmonise diagnostics and treatment in order to improve patient outcomes.
Duration: The estimated duration of the course is approximately 60 minutes.
Enrole in this course: Please scroll down to the bottom of this page and click "Enrol me"
Login to access this course: If you are not yet logged in, please log on with the username and password you were given upon membership registration (same as on the ECCO Website) to fully access this e-Course.
ECCO Members can take this course: In case you are not an ECCO Member or have not yet paid the annual member fee, please become an ECCO Member / renew your Membership.
Upon completion of this activity learners will:
- Provide appropriate preconceptional counseling for IBD patients
- Recognise that the counseling is part of the therapeutic approach
- Evaluate the risks of adverse pregnancy outcome in particular patients
- Discuss the risks related to IBD medication
- Discuss the mode of delivery
- Manage a flare of IBD during pregnancy
- Differentiate active disease from other conditions in a specific setting of pregnant IBD patients
- Evaluate the risk of medication versus the risk of active disease during pregnancy
- Consider the pharmacological pregnancy-related specificities
Welcome to this Interactive Case on Pregnancy and IBD
- You will be asked a series of questions throughout this short case
- Both correct and incorrect answers will have short feedback as to why the answer was right or wrong as well as links to references, and presentations and podcasts which are found in the e-Library
- You are allowed as many attmpts as it takes to get a correct answer before moving on to the next question
- If you wish to skip a question and come back later, there is a quiz navigation in the upper right corrner (numbers stand for question numbers, "i" stands for information page, which is usually a "case continued" page)
Duration of the course
- The estimated duration of the course is approximately one hour
- Upon successful completion of the training, you will be directed to a final test
Good luck, and enjoy!
Janneke van der Woude has disclosed through the ICMJE that she has received consulting fees paid to her institution from Abbott, Falk, Ferring and MSD as well as payments for lectures including service on speakers bureaus which have also gone to her institution from Abbott, Falk, Ferring, Janssen.
Zuzana Zelinkova has disclosed through the ICMJE that she has received consulting fees paid to her from AbbVie, Ferring, and MSD as well as board membership paid to her from AbbVie and MSD and grants from MDS. Furthermore, she has received payments for lectures including service on speakers bureause from AbbVie and MSD.
Organisation: European Crohn's and Colitis Organisation - ECCO